It’s been almost 70 days since the last “alt season” and HODL’ers are more than frustrated. What started off as a promising & bullish altcoin cycle on April 12th turned out to be another dead cat bounce. A +127% dead cat bounce, but a dead cat bounce nonetheless.
You might think investing after a $200 billion market correction might not be optimal but there’s plenty of clues telling us we’re at or near a bottom. With Bitcoin beginning to stabilise and the overall market sentiment being overly bearish, you can’t ignore the fact that a bullish altcoin cycle could very well be on the table. That’s why we have compiled a short list of, what we believe are, the top 3 undervalued altcoins that you need to know for 2018.
1. The Korean Ethereum ICON (ICX)
ICON (ICX) is a blockchain ecosystem that was purpose-built with the goal of creating hyperconnectivity between other blockchains and financial networks. It has been touted as South Korea’s answer to Ethereum for a while now (and for good reason). While the current market price might not reflect that all you need to do is look at ICON’s track record to find that they have completely dominated its partnerships within South Korea.
It has been touted as South Korea’s answer to Ethereum.
ICON (ICX) Fundamental Highlights:
- Test pilots all across of South Korea, being able to use ICX to purchase items from vending machines.
- Listed on two of the largest Korean exchanges (Bithumb, Upbit).
- Billion Dollar Hedge Fund with the largest position in ICX Pantera Capital investing in ICON. Currently their biggest present position.
- Designed to facilitate communications, payments, and contracts between different corporate institutions using separate blockchain based networks.
- Delegated Proof of Stake System.
ICON (ICX) Price
Currently, ICX is trading at $1.39, a 89% reduction from its all-time highs making it an unbelievable bargain. Making it the 1st pick of our “top 3 undervalued altcoins” list.
2. STRAT aka “Why is everyone sleeping on Stratis”?
Stratis (STRAT) is often overlooked and forgotten but do not let that fool you. STRAT is a sleeping giant. An old and hardened project that stood the test of time. It once stood proudly as a top 10 cryptocurrency for a decent portion of 2017 before the massive influx of platform coins (EOS, ADA, NEO, ICX etc.)
Similar to ICON, Stratis was mentioned in the same breath as Ethereum. Offering most of Ethereum’s features such as smart contracts, side chains for businesses & ICO’s. Its biggest claim to fame being that it was built ground up in native C# on the .NET framework. The most widely used enterprise language on the most popular enterprise framework. With that, Stratis might be closer to releasing viable solutions for the corporate world than any other project.
Stratis (STRAT) Fundamental Highlights:
- An ambitious team aiming to become a top 3 cryptocurrency in market cap.
- Easy to integrate within existing enterprise architectures by removing barriers presented by new, proprietary computing languages such as Solidity (Ethereum).
- If it succeeds in implementing improvements over Ethereum combined with its C# advantage, Stratis could catch up very quickly proving itself as a leading smart contract platform.
Chris Trew: My goal is top three market cap. I see anything else as a failure, so the future looks bright.
Stratis (STRAT) Price
Currently, STRAT is trading at $2.47, a 90% reduction from its all-time highs and a great low-risk-high reward buy. Making it the 2nd pick of our “top 3 undervalued altcoins” list.
3. Ethereum “The Immutable” Classic
Many people may not be aware that technically Ethereum Classic (ETC) is the real Ethereum. Actually, the original chain. Ethereum Classic was born when some members of the Ethereum community rejected a hard fork on the grounds of “immutability“, the principle that the blockchain cannot be changed, and decided to keep using the unforked version of Ethereum.
It features all the benefits of Ethereum (ETH) offering smart contracts as well as decentralised applications. It’s being built on by the ETCDEV Team an independent team of software engineers and professionals in software development. Not to mention Ethereum Classic is backed by an active community committed to the core principle of cryptocurrency immutability. This is crucial factor to its ongoing development.
Many people may not be aware that technically Ethereum Classic (ETC) is the real Ethereum.
Recently, Ethereum Classic (ETC) has been in the news after Coinbase announced that they are planning to list it. This has been the catalyst that supported its value when the rest of the market fell. The expectation was that the listing might happen in a few months.
However, an announcement made by Coinbase seems to imply that Ethereum Classic might be listed sooner, rather than later. After unveiling a list of coins that they plan to list in the future, Coinbase mentioned that integrating Ethereum Classic (ETC) has been surprisingly easy, due to its technical similarities to Ethereum (ETH). (tweet from Coinbase.)
Ethereum Classic (ETC) Fundamental Highlights:
- All the benefits of Ethereum (ETH).
- Upcoming Coinbase listing.
- Dedicated development team.
- Strong community backing.
- Emerald Wallet for mobile.
- Sidechains to add scalability and bring Ethereum Classic to the Internet of Things (IoT).
Ethereum Classic (ETC) Price
Currently, ETC is trading at $16.73, a reduction of only 65% from its all-time highs, making it the 3rd pick of our “top 3 undervalued altcoins” list for its unprecedented resiliency!